Sunday, January 29, 2012
So my attempts to get a good Happy Birthday picture were thwarted by a little girl who wanted to draw on her chalkboard. As soon as I gave it to her to hold up she immediately erased it and then scowled at me for trying such a silly think. What was I thinking?
Anyway, without the nice picture, Happy birthday Josh/Daddy. We love you lots and can't wait to see you again. We are so lucky to have you as our husband/Dad. I hope you know how much you mean to us and how much we are looking forward to being a real family again. We love you and hope you have a very happy birthday.
Sunday, January 22, 2012
Here is another list of the funny things that this little girl comes up with...
- She was sick and had diarrhea around Halloween. She informed me, "I have ballerina in my bum"
- "I need to grow up" (Nothing provoked this, she just came and announced it)
- (She says this one all the time for any food that she knows she is going to like) "Oh no [in a very dramatic, end of the world voice]... it is going to be yummy"
- (While eating an entire sandwich, crust included) "I do not like crust"
- Yesterday we were at my brother's house and we were going to have burritos for dinner. She told me "I do not like burritos" She proceeded to eat her entire burrito and ask for seconds.
- There is a song that goes "When my mother calls me, quickly I'll obey..." The other day I was in the other room getting ready and she was asking for something. Suddenly she bursts into my room and in her most impatient voice says, "Mom... quickly I'll obey" as if I should have left what I was doing the instant she called me.
- She has become infatuated with Mater from the movie Cars. She pretends that she is Mater and refers to herself in third person as Mater. I have been playing along so far but I don't know how long to let it go on.
- We have bowls with a flower on the bottom and I was using one the other day to eat my soup. She likes to see the flower when it is empty and asked to look at it when I had finished. She then informed me, "It is kind of like Mater, but it is a flower." Thanks. I never would have known.
- "Yellow is a bright color" and apparently it is the only one. When I try to tell her that sometimes orange or red can be bright she sets me straight.
Sunday, January 15, 2012
I know it is a little late, but here are our Christmas pictures. We had a very low-key Christmas this year, mainly because I came down with a upper respiratory infection two weeks before and I still didn't have any energy when Christmas rolled around. Sadly to say, we didn't make it to see Christmas lights or to any of the parties, or to any of the other things we planned on doing. Santa, however, did make it to our house and Ember was appropriately spoiled with dress-ups, puzzles, a chalkboard, paper dolls, a frog towel, some clothes, and a monkey hat. She was supposed to get a new bike, but we procrastinated getting it and then never got around to it. She will be getting one soon though, but not as soon as she would like. Her favorite present was the drums at her cousin's house. I wish I had thought of that. Oh well, she has something to wish for next year.
I was spoiled out of my socks too! My parents gave Josh and I (me mainly) a brand new fancy digital camera. I have had lots of fun with it already, but I am sure that it will be a favorite for years to come. Josh surprised me with a new keyboard (the piano type, not the computer type). I have been wanting to learn how to play for a long time, but we just never had room. It is fancy.
My creative juices were sadly lacking this year and Josh got new clothes, a watch, and a couple of board games. I need to do better next year.