Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Baby Beats

(This may be a boring post so feel free not to read if you don't want to.) I had my doctor's appointment yesterday and got to hear my baby's heartbeat for the first time. It was so neat and kind of a relief to know that it is really alive in there. It was going about 150 beats per minute which my doctor said is normal. She told me that the heartbeat varies between 120-160 and is generally higher when they are younger or when they are awake. I thought about having Josh come with me to this appointment and now I wish I had. I have gained 4 lbs so far which is about right. Then my doctor told me that she never gets to tell people to do this so she decided to tell me to eat more. Not that I haven't gained enough, but she just wanted to say it. All my blood tests and my blood pressure were all normal. I have been very lucky so far- I haven't had anything that I would classify as morning sickness. There have been a couple of times (maybe 2-3 times in the last 3 months) when I felt a little off, but I haven't been nauseous or anything. I hope that doesn't mean that my karma is going to change and I will have an awful delivery...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sooo... excited!!! I love it already. MOM

Melinda said...

Oh, man, girl! Consider yourself BLESSED! I am over 36 weeks and am *still* taking my anti-nausea meds every day. I try once a month to go without them, but then, well, you know...

What a thrill to hear the heartbeat. It makes it all so much more real. I'm super excited for you!

Cody said...

That is special! You look great and you ARE very crafty! Love the invitations! I'm so Happy for you! Yay.

benandchayfuller said...

Congrats! You look great!!! I felt the same way when I heard the heartbeat, it is definitely more real to ya.

Ty and Annabelle said...

you've got to milk being prego cause come sept its over