Sunday, March 29, 2009

16 weeks and great deals

Can you see my belly over my loud shirt? Pink isn't usually my thing but I kind of am in love with this shirt. My sister let me borrow all her maternity clothes and I think she owns more maternity clothes than I own regular clothes! I am not kidding either. I don't think I will need to buy any other clothes.
My brother and his wife are adopting twins and they found out about a yard sale with only baby stuff put on by the Paridise Valley Moms of Multiples (PVMOM) group. I went with her to the sale and they had some great deals. I wish I had know whether I was having a boy or a girl because I would have been able to get a lot more stuff. Since I don't though, I had to stick with the basics. I got this great pack and play for $30. It has a bassinet attachment too and retails for $130. Since we are pretty limited on space it will probably be our only crib. It is really nice and it looks like it has barely been used. There are no stains and no wear spots or anything. It also has a music player and vibrator and wheels. I love great deals.

The other thing I got was this car seat. It comes with 2 bases so you don't have to transfer them from one car to the other. Again, it looks barely used. I found a couple crumbs in the bottom but other than that it looks brand new. It even came with the head rests for when the baby is small. It retails for $160 and I only paid $60. I checked both of the model numbers for recalls when I got home and they are both fine. I love bargains.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Ooooo....great deals! We bought our pack n play used for $30 as well and I still think of it as one of the best purchases we made. Those multiples garage sales are wonderful!

Lucky you to have a wardrobe to borrow as well. I'm ready to burn all my maternity clothes. 5 kids later and that stuff needs to be burned!!

Kami said...

Paige, Congrats on the pregnancy. Sorry I havent been commenting for a while but I'm so excited for you guys!