Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Jacket


Awhile back I said that I had sewn a jacket. Well, here it is. The picture is not that great, but at least there is a picture. The story of the jacket is kind of funny. I had a baby blue trench coat that I absolutely loved and last winter I pulled it out of my closet and somehow it had rust stains on it. I decided to unstitch the jacket and use it as a pattern to make a new jacket. It ended up being a lot of fun even though it was time consuming. I changed parts of the pattern and even added a red lining inside. I am so excited to wear it. Now if it will only get below 90 degrees here so I actually have a reason for it...

2 comments:

Nik said...

You pulled apart a favorite coat and used it as a pattern to sew a new one?! You are so amazing to me! I WISH I had that kind of confidence--and SKILL! The black coat looks so great!
I am so impressed!

Nate and Jenny said...

All this time I had no idea you guys had a blog. I am so excited to be able to check out what you guys are up to. We seriously need to get together! Oh, I love the coat. You are SO talented!